Healthy Options in the SAC


Hey Clarkies, are you looking for some healthier eating choices than just the dinning hall? Well look no further. Here at Clarke we have the SAC which mainly offers grilled and fried foods, but did you know they also have salads and wraps? Well personally every time I eat at the SAC I always go for a chicken cesar salad wrap. A healthy and filling option every time. Now I do think the SAC offers way too many greasy food options and more appealing options such as smoothies or smoothie bowls aren't covered by swipes but only as flex money. If you're anything like me you already blew through this and are now regretting it. But anyway back to the main issue. I understand the SAC may not have enough room to accommodate for those who have certain food preferences or even offer a better salad bar but one can only hope. As someone who does eat gluten free diet, I never eat over in the SAC simply because there's not much to offer. Ok maybe a salad but is that really enough to fill someone through the night? No. It's not. Don't get me wrong I love a good salad but not when it's been sitting out all day and the only option has lettuce thats browning. Now for sides... once again there is a salad bar but the side dish they give you can only fit maybe a pinch of lettuce, so not really a side in my opinion. Especially when the other sides are french fries, deep fried potato chips (that are greasy as hell) and tater circles. Why offer such little on a healthy option but then load up on all the fried goods? It doesn't make any sense to me. Honestly if there could be one thing I would change about the menu...ADD MORE HEALTH CONSCIOUS FOODS. Maybe some grilled chicken and rice and steamed broccoli, or even keeping the fish options all year and not frying them to add more fat and grease into the diets of already struggling college kids.

I want to hear you input as a Clarke community. Please share your views good/bad on the SAC and the variety of option you want to see. 

google form

Ash

Comments

Popular Posts